Panzanella (Italian Bread Salad)
Use of day old bread and fresh produce makes this rustic salad a great use of left overs.
- 3 lb. ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 loaf (12oz.) day old rustic crusty bread, such as ciabatta or French baguette
- 2 -3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Red wine vinegar
- ½ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt & Pepper to taste
Cube bread into 1 inch pieces ; In bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; Add bread cubes, tomato, basil and parsley; Toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate for 30 min. Serve cold or at room temperature.