Quinoa Turkey Stuffing
Gluten free – diabetic friendly
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 apples – peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Place the quinoa and water in a large, microwave-safe bowl; cover. Cook on HIGH for 20 minutes.
- Stir the onion, mushrooms, apples, pine nuts, raisins, garlic, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning in with the quinoa.
- Pack lightly into uncooked turkey. Roast turkey as directed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164 | Total Fat: 3.8g | Cholesterol: 0mg