By Micki Brown
6 free-range or pastured eggs
½ cup milk
1 tbsp grass-fed butter
1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried thyme
Hot sauce to taste
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces of white button mushrooms, sliced
2 cups spinach, chopped
1 large tomato, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
1 avocado sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, basil oregano, thyme, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet, melt the butter. Then add the garlic, mushrooms, and bell peppers, and sauté until the vegetables are tender and slightly browned. Stir in the tomatoes and spinach until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Stir in the egg mixture. Cook undisturbed until the edges are set (about 2-3 minutes). Top with the goat cheese, then place in the oven and bake until the center is set and the top is a golden brown (about 15 minutes).
- Slice into 4 sections and top each with avocado slices. Serve immediately.