Asparagus, Peas, and Radishes with Fresh Tarragon
- 3 pounds asparagus, tough ends discarded, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ pound fresh peas, strings removed from pods
- 1 bunch (about 1 pound) radishes, greens discarded, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh tarragon, coarsely chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare a large bowl of ice water, and line a baking sheet with a double thickness of paper towels.
- Add asparagus and peas to pot; cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon or wire skimmer, transfer to ice bath. Let cool completely, then transfer to prepared baking sheet and pat dry. (Wrap in plastic and refrigerate up to 1 day.)
- In a large pot with a lid, heat butter over medium. Add asparagus and peas. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are heated through, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in radishes and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Both recipes were provided by Every Day Recipes on Martha Stewart Living website. Some modifications were made by High Desert Farmers Market.