- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 2 cups (16 ounce) trimmed Brussels sprouts
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat until the oil shimmers, and cook garlic, stirring often, until golden brown and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir in onion and cook until soft, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts to the skillet and cook without stirring until the undersides of the sprouts turn golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir to turn sprouts over, and cook other sides until golden brown, another 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and parsley.