By Micki Brown
1 can black beans
1 can corn, or grilled in season
1 red bell pepper
½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 small can sliced black olives
4 cups mixed greens
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup of sweet lime juice
2 tsp cumin
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
- Place all dressing ingredients in a mason jar, secure lid, shake well.
- Place ¼ of the dressing in each of the bottoms of 4 wide-mouth, 1-pint mason jars.
- Layer the rest of the ingredients in the jar (beans, peppers, pumpkin seeds, olives, corn, ending with the greens on top).
- Add a lid and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve, dump the jar contents onto a bowl or plate, or shake vigorously and eat from the jar.