Mini Americana Trifles
By Micki Brown
1 basket fresh strawberries, washed and diced
1 basket fresh blueberries, washed
1 large Valencia orange, juiced
1 butter pound cake, broken into bite-size chunks
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp raw honey
2 tsp pure maple syrup
- Whip the heavy cream and maple syrup in a bowl with a hand mixer until peaks form.
- Place strawberries in a separate bowl and add the honey, stir well.
- In 8 mini ramekins, place the pound cake into little mounds in the middle. Drizzle each with the orange juice.
- Carefully place the strawberries between the pound cake and the sides of the ramekins.
- Top the strawberries and pound cake with a layer of the whipped cream.
- Place a layer of blueberries over the whipped cream.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream.